Carbon Monoxide: The Silent Killer

Carbon monoxide (CO) is known as the “Silent Killer” as it is odorless, colorless and tasteless, yet can have deadly consequences. Carbon monoxide is a gas byproduct of burning fossil fuels in your furnace, clothes dryer, fireplace, automobile, portable heater, generator or other small engines and home appliances. Most issues occur when the equipment is malfunctioning or is in need of service or repair. Continue reading

Posted in Home, Safety | Tagged , | Leave a comment

CO, a Silent Killer

The recent recall of a popular boiler model is the latest reminder for homeowners about carbon monoxide dangers.

Posted in General Risk, Home | Tagged | Leave a comment